Saturday, November 2, 2013

Growing up...in fast forward & reverse

I started writing this post a year ago today...November 6, 2013.  I don't know why I never published it.  It is pretty good.  If you know me, you have witnessed a lot of the changes I've made this last year.   


I thought growing up was something that happened automatically as you got older. But it turns out it's something you have to choose to do. ~From the television show Scrubs



Growing up.  It seems as if I've been doing a lot of this lately.  I must admit that I really thought I was a grown up, but things started changing.  I started getting uncomfortable with the status quo.  I became disenchanted with people who have no depth.  I was hungry for something more, something bigger and better in my life. 

As I became uncomfortable I really started looking for answers.  I wanted to know why I was no longer content with things as they had always existed.  As I became disenchanted with the shallow in my life, I began to wade deeper and deeper into my own existence.  I began to find out and really become confident of what I believed.  I began to seek out people who had that same confidence and that had a certainty of their beliefs. 

In the process I have had to make enormous changes and adjustments.  Day to day life for me has undergone a transformation.  I liken it to weeding a garden.  (stop laughing...I hate gardening but I know how to weed one)  I have found some things in my garden that were once beautiful had become overgrown and taken over a disproportional amount of space.  Those things had to be dug up and divided.  I wish I could say that the division was easy--but it hasn't been.  Dividing some of the overgrowth has given some of the smaller more unique specimens to really thrive and grow.  In a real garden I would make every effort when dividing my plants to share.  That hasn't really been practical in life.  I am just throwing away things that no longer fit into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment