That is what it has been the last few days "BIZZY BIZZY BIZZY!" (when you say that to yourself think of Mr. Hienkle the magician in frosty the snowman) I haven't had much to do, yet somehow I have managed to fill my days up! I am not ready for May to be over! I need more time!
Life on the other side of the school year...My friend at work gave me a wonderful gift--a cd of all these wonderful songs on it that we have sung together for the past few years. I don't mean like normal songs--I mean country rockabilly songs that normal people don't sing anymore. I listened to it all the way thru finally today--and I laughed and I cried and then I laughed some more. It's hard not to laugh when you have songs like "hey good looking" and "I got the horse (and she got the saddle)" mixed in with "Suspiscious Minds" and "Pancho and Lefty." I told her just about every day this year that "she completes me"...and that really isn't far off from the truth. She can complete my sentences...we say the same things at the same time...we like the same music (obviously). I am going to miss that companionship and comradere in the day to day.
I don't really know what life is going to be like on the other side of the school year. I am sure that it is going to be wonderful and I don't know what the future holds, but I surely do know who holds the future. It's just an odd place to be. I have always been a planner and had a map plotted out of what the next step would be--even if I told you I was flying by the seat of my pants, I knew what I was doing. Not anymore. All bets are off. I am working without a net. And as strange as it feels, I am not scared. Something in me changed over Easter. I finally got strong. I finally let go of a lot of things and people and situations. I let go of that which I have been holding on to for way too long. Peace is what is left. That's all I feel. I know that I have made the decision I was supposed to make. I got confirmation today...Deuteronomy 1:6 was given to me..."you have stayed long enough at this mountain." I don't want to be guilty of lagging behind or rushing ahead. I want to go where I am appointed to go when I am appointed to go there. and having said that I guess I need to remember that sometimes "bizzy, bizzy, bizzy" has no place where I am going.
My next journey is to (attempt) read thru the bible in 90 days. My friend Mrs. T is going to start reading thru the bible on June 1st using the 90 day plan. I have no idea that I can read thru it that quickly, but I am going to try. Join me if you will. I am sure that we will learn something about ourselves if we commit to doing it.
Well--time to move on to some other glamorous task like Laundry! The work of the queen is never done you know!