Saturday, May 29, 2010

the bunnies and growing up...

Today we went out to the garden spot at momma's and found some baby bunnies.  I have never seen a tiny baby bunny before.  They were maybe the size of the palm of my hand.  :)

Yesterday was one of those really good days--but a day where I felt that I was being stretched.  Here's the story...I am pretty much "an island"--if something is going on with me I don't want you to be around me.  I would rather you leave me alone and I'll come around when I am good and ready.  (suprising! I know!) Anyway--I have always just lived under the idea that everyone was that way.  I can't imagine inviting people into my "stuff."  I am finding that this is not the case! (suprising! Again! I know!) SO...a friend asked me to go with her to the doctor's office when she had a procedure done.  What a leap it was to ask me to go...and amazingly I jumped and went.  I had this incredible peace that everything was going to be fine.  I arrived early and was a little nervous that I was at the wrong place--so I went in and just sat and waited.  The office person offered to help me--I told her what I was there for and that I would just wait.  So I did.  I waited. Quietly.  When she and her hubby arrived, the doctor was ready and took her right back--so I sat with him in the waiting room and made small talk.  I am not really a small talk kind of girl.  I usually bring my soap box and climb on it and that's all she wrote.  I didn't do that this time.  We politely talked about summer plans, work and trips we have taken or would like to take.  Not exactly sure how long we sat, but it seemed like a very short while, I am sure that it was more like an hour.  When my friend came out--she was relieved.  Nothing notable from the procedure!  GO GOD! to quote my pal KJ!  But in that short amount of time I felt like I had grown up.  I do have the ability to connect.  I do have the ability to just "be present." There are people who WANT me to "be present."  I think that is the most amazing thing that I learned--that people WANT my presence.  Island Camille has to go--I guess I have to drift towards people.  Wish me luck!  I am gonna grow up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment